In case you haven’t heard, the next version of JRuby will provide native support for Ant. Much like antwrap, you will be able to call ant tasks straight from Ruby. There are some pretty good examples here, but no examples of how to get it running on your machine today.
- First, you will need to install Git SCM
- Next, create a directory, JRuby on your machine
- CD to that directory, and run ‘git init’
- Next, run ‘git pull git://github.com/jruby/jruby.git’
- Once it has finished downloading, you can run ‘ant’ to build it
- Now, just use the executable jar under bin to run the latest version of JRuby
Now get started converting those nasty ant builds to rake.